1. Bring your own TP, Baby Wipes or both as well as hand soap.
2. A. Roll up your pants to your knees. B.Pull your pants and underwear down to your knees. For the first month it may just be best to take your pants and underwear off and hang them over the bathroom door or wall as the case maybe. Make sure they do NOT touch the floor! *Don’t forget to empty your pockets!*
3. Squat over the toilet keeping your heels on the floor. This may mean you take a very wide squatting position if your not that flexible.
4. Do your business. Some people say if your doing a #1 – face the hole and if your doing a #2 face away from the hole but it doesn’t matter just as long as your bodily waste ends up in the hole – which you can then flush!
5. Clean up! If you have remembered TP / Baby wipes – your good – just toss them in the hole with your bodily waste.
6. Fill up your water bucket and pour it down the hole to flush. *Note if you need more “force” in your flush use gravity and hold the bucket up nice and high. If that doesn’t work – keep refilling and flushing until it does!*
7. Put your pants and underwear back on!
8. Wash your hands – with the soap you brought with you or with hand sanitizer you also packed.
9. Smile and enjoy the glow of your successful Turkish toilet experience
Possible issues that can occur when using a Turkish Toilet-
– You pee on your socks, shoes, pants and or skirt
– Your pants/ skirt end up wet from touching the water on the floor
– You lose your balance and fall on your ass in the bathroom – preferably not into the toilet
– You vomit but get hit by the back spray from the toilet
– You drop your phone, wallet or camera into the toliet or the bucket used to flush the toilet
*All of these things can be fixed by practice and use of one of these toilets – sorry there is no silver bullet for this one folks.